Ministry Assistant to Adult:Life"As we grow grand, Amy, the world around us often diminishes in size. I have known people who have almost disappeared before my very eyes." - Aunt March (Little Women - The Musical)
Do you ever wonder if God feels the same way about us? I mean, He is perfect. He is sinless. How could He possibly relate to those of us who are imperfect and sinful? The answer is - Jesus.
This past weekend, Pastor Ron reminded us that Jesus came to earth to experience what we experience. He saw the struggles of our earth bound bodies. He felt the pain of the lost and hurting. He celebrated with friends and was saddened by death. And while He never sinned, He felt the full weight of sin when He died on the cross so that we might not be forever bound by it.
- Because He understands, we can say with confidence that He knows us.
- Because He sympathizes, we can say with confidence that He cares for us.
- Because He invites us, we can say with confidence that He welcomes us in.
We were created to have fellowship with God. He wants to know us. He sees through our sin to our hearts; and He longs to be our strength in our times of weakness, our comfort in times of stress. So, "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16
Some things to think about:
- Do you truly believe that God understands your struggles?
- To which of God's attributes do you have the most trouble relating?
- Has God ever shown you that He is concerned about the details of your life?
- Take a few minutes to share your heart with God and allow Him to make Himself real in your current circumstances.